The V th International festival of audio-visual arts «Videologia» will take place in 20-21th of December in Volgograd, Russia.
Our Festival is held in Volgograd (former Stalingrad) every year in autumn during five years. It is one of advanced and acknowledged international projects realized in the sphere of actual arts in Russia. The festival «Videologia» is developing and aspiring to become the straightforward forum of the actual trends of contemporary arts process. We invite you to take part in our festival.
The subject of the V International festival of audio-visual arts «Videologia» is S-PORT/ The last Escape.
Is it an invitation to talk about sport? We can say yes or no. The double name is not casual also. «Last port»? Who will be the last to moor in this port? There are more questions than answers. It is clear that in the human social-cultural practice there is one specific domain which arranges and mimicries in every way to look like «just» an amusement or a big business, a mode of life or a cult, but nevertheless it can not be defined through one of the these notions. We offer to straightly open the screen covering sport, to look at it and feel it keenly by means of art. The sport reality in modern world does not differ much from ancient times. Both ritual practice and cruelty of sacrifice are available. Sport is an industry of entertainment and a mode of life and a fashion and sex and big politics and even probable distinct war. We see all this around us and sometimes appears the clear feeling of pressing and everywhere mechanism of spectacular society, trying to represent deathly-silicon as attractive and fresh. But in spite of all this in the environment among the information boom through the simple physical actions and bright sincere emotional experience, connecting with sport, with the reality of pain which it embodies, with spontaneity of experience and possibility of the human action, we can clear see the real heroism, personal exploit and individual prayer.
Anyone wishing, both professional and amateur apart from age, gender, social status, nationality or religion, political and aesthetic preferences, can take part in our festival. We invite all kind of creative persons: motion picture producers of independent cinema, animators, producers of documental cinema, videoartists and designers, musicians, cameramen, critics, journalists, spectators and activists!
All the works received by our festival will be kept in the media library and will not be sent back to authors. The competition program may be divided into two parts: international and Russian. The champions of the competition program will be defined by the professional jury as well as by the spectators voting. The staff of the jury will be promulgated on the site of the festival.
20 th of December 18-00 (Moscow time)
- Joe Hiscott “The Telephone Eulogies” 19 min. 51 sec. Canada, 2008
- Catrine Val “ Monkey_Up” 7 min. 42 sec., Germany, 2008
- Shon Kim “Haemorrhage” 5min. 30 sec, USA, 2008
- Bosco Prostran “Surplus” 5 min. 40 sec. Serbia, 2008
- Cednic Pettcollin “144” 14 min.10 sec, France, 2007
- Roberto Santaguida “ Miraslava” 7 min. 25 sec. Canada, 2007
- Evan Meaney “Ceibas: Shannon’s Entropy” 5 min. 54 sec. USA, 2008
- Daniel O’Reilly, Marianna O’Reilly “Delivery” 15 min. UK, 2008
- Roman Sein “The man from Albacete” 5 min. France, 2007
- Patrick Bergeron “Looploop” 5 min. Canada, 2008
- George Wong “The Chronicle of a Drawing: The Footprints of Time” 9 min. 43 sec. China, 2006
- Adrien Toupet, Clement Delatre, Looky “La Main Des Maitres” 4 min. 04 sec. France, 2008
- Geza M.Toth “ Ergo” 12 min. Hungary, 2008
- Alexia de Ville de Goyet “Natural Histories” 12 min. 17 sec. Belgium, 2008
- Lieve D’Hondt “Olympic Water” Belgium, 2008 1 min loop
- Oriol Sanchez “Profanaciones” Spain, 2008 22 min
All selected authors could take part in the internet live discussions with the audience. Please be connnected with Skype software. In order to take part in it please let us know on email.
For any information please mail us email@example.com
or visit the official web site www.videology.ru